Tips To Take Care Of Kitchenware
Kitchens are one of the most important areas in a house, and thus it becomes our responsibility to keep it clean and well equipped. Kitchen equipment performs various functions such as cooking, frying, cutting, grinding, etc. Thus for the smooth functioning of these items, proper maintenance and cleanliness are necessary.
Taking care of the kitchen items, kitchenware will help preserve them in good condition to ensure that you get the maximum benefits while using them. Just like cooking, maintenance of the kitchen is also an art that everyone should perfect. Through this article, we will provide you with a basic understanding and tips on how to improve your kitchen hygiene.
Importance of a clean kitchen
Some key points as to why a clean kitchen is an absolute must are:
- Pest Control:- Foods always attract pests and flies. Thus a dirty kitchen is a haven for cockroaches and rodents. This is one of the primary reasons we need to keep our kitchen in prime condition. Food should be sealed and stored properly to prevent pests from accessing the food. Also, utensils and gadgets should be washed before and after use to prevent the spread of diseases. The chances of food poisoning and the spread of food and water-borne diseases are higher in an unclean kitchen.
- Safety – Cleanliness is essential as the kitchen has a host of sharp tools and fuel cylinders that can be a recipe for disaster if not handled properly. The best way to approach this is by cleaning as soon as you finish working in the kitchen. This will reduce the workload and make sure that safety is not compromised. Also, keep a proper check on the fuel valves and other electrical gadgets.
- Saving Money – Organization is extremely important in a kitchen. This will ensure that food is not spoiled and can be refilled as and when necessary. Also, keeping your kitchen in good shape ensures that the gadgets are also in prime condition and need not be replaced after some time. This will help you in saving your money in the long run by making your machines run longer
Few tips for maintaining your kitchenware –
Now that we have some of the basic reasons to keep our kitchen clean let us try some tips to build and maintain your kitchen.
- Reading the manuals and understanding the gadget and utensils – Whether it be copper bottles, grinders, microwaves, or utensils, everything has a proper maintenance method. Familiarizing yourself with these instructions can go a long way. The manual will provide specific details to ensure that you are up to date with the best way to maintain any sort of malfunction. Other than that, the company websites also provide helpline and customer care services that have been designed to help you out during sticky situations.
- Buy from recognized brands – Brand power should not be overlooked in today’s world. One of the most advantageous factors of a brand is its assurance and guarantee features. They can be held accountable for any sort of machine malfunction. Thus you should always try to understand the top brands operating in the market. Home Town is one of the leading brands for kitchens and household items.
- Clean and sharpen the knives – Knives are used for cutting and chopping items. Hence they should be kept in prime condition to facilitate this function. Regular sharpening increases their efficiency and also helps them last longer. Cleaning them after every use ensures long life. Also, blunt or broken knives can lead to accidents that can be avoided just by keeping them in prime condition. Washing them in hot water and natural soap will remove all the grease and oils from the knives. Then they can be cleaned with the help of a cotton rag.
- Always keep your workstation clean – We cannot emphasize this point enough. Used tumbler glasses, dirty cutlery, and utensils should be cleaned immediately after eating. Immediate cleaning makes it easier in comparison to cleaning them later. Maintaining proper hygiene is essential for any kitchen.
- Keep inspecting your equipment regularly – A kitchen is a home to various dangerous elements which remain in perfect harmony. Starting from fire, water, electricity, etc., we need to ensure that all these remain separate from each other and under our control. Thus always checking your electric appliances, plumbing, and gas valves are essential to ensure that everyone is safe and sound. Any sort of malfunction should be immediately dealt with by calling a professional. One should be very mindful of this point if one wants to avoid an accident.
- Use microwaves on your sponges – One needs to understand that the sponges and towels used to clean your kitchen can harbor dangerous bacteria. The only way to kill them effectively is by heating your sponges in the microwave. This is not a well-known trick but an extremely efficient one that you can incorporate into your routine.
- Don’t mix your metal and nonstick utensils – It is a cardinal sin to use a metal spatula on a nonstick vessel. As a nonstick vessel can easily be scratched by using a metal spatula. Similarly, one should use chopping boards for cutting vegetables and not the utensils or nonstick vessels. This will ensure that your nonstick vessels last for a longer period.
- Use baking to clean the enameled cast iron – A secret when cleaning enameled cast iron utensils is to use some amount of baking powder. To clean the dirty utensil, one can easily boil some water and add a few tablespoons of baking soda. Baking soda is non-abrasive, and thus it will not harm the surface of the utensil.
Through this article, we emphasized the point of how a clean and hygienic kitchen translates to a healthy family. We provided some key pointers to set you straight on your journey of creating the perfect kitchen. We further discussed keeping kitchen items, kitchenware, etc., in the perfect shape. This will ensure that your utensils and gadgets will last longer, ultimately saving money and creating a deeper connection to your kitchen.